Friday, April 29, 2005

Work-for-Hire (Part 2)

Background
Since the last episode, Albert has written the paper, given it to Trebla and collected $20. Albert was happy until he found out that Trebla made $40 out of his work.

Once upon a time, on a sunny evening with a distant rainbow in the east, sitting on the wet green lawn near the roses, Albert and Trebla went into an argument AGAIN...

Albert: Give me back the $40.

Trebla: Why?

Albert: I wrote the paper. You collected $60 from the customer. So you should give that all to me.

Trebla: Brother, you have no right to ask for that $40 I legally earned. I demand an apology!

Albert: What!? It is totally unfair. I do all the hard work and you collected more money than I.

Trebla: Well, when you have heard about an author gets anything more than 15%? Most got much less. I am very generous in offering you 30%. [see for example, here]

Albert: You are operating a "sweat" shop!

Trebla: Brother, I am very generous already. You are paid immediately when I got the paper. I have not deducted my expenses before calculating your share.

Albert: This is totally unfair.

Trebla: Brother, you are my brother, so I am this generous. In the real world, you will be lucky to get paid. Ha Ha....

Tagged as